Environment Consulting Pty Ltd offers a range of services to both public
and private clients. It is a deliberate policy of the company to provide
staged services, so that the client will be able to approve each stage.
relates to [site, building, playground]. Often a client will request a
facility assessment and then proceed to an upgrade (a separate contractual
arrangement) after receiving funding.
works from the premise that each play facility should be designed to meet
the developmental skill levels of the users. An overview of the range
services we can offer are summarised here, but obviously the scope of each
project will be determined by the client.
- Evaluation of existing facilities covering sites,
building and playgrounds including recommendations and priorities.
- Preparation of a design brief for architects for
both proposed and existing services emphasising user needs.
- Support for funding submissions
- Community consultations
- Report on options available and recommended staging
- Play activity planning and design
- Play value and safety requirements
- Projects can be handled in stages [Preliminary
Assessment, Master Plan, Detailed Design] but one of the strengths of
involving a play expert is that advice is available when you need it
eg. funding submission stage, letting of contracts etc.
- Fixed quotations on request when scope of work is
There is a need to raise the awareness levels relating to the social costs
and benefits of satisfying play needs—not only of the general public, but
also of decision-makers, government officials and other specialist
professionals. This also applies to the complex (and often controversial)
field of safety standards. Play Environment Consulting can offer both
formal and informal workshop-style information sessions on topics such as:
- The importance of play
- How to expand your Outdoor Play
- How to achieve the best play environments
- Play and physical environment provision
- Toddler/baby play needs
- Design for play value
- Interpreting the new playground safety standards
- Applying Reggio Emilio principles of design
- Children's rights and the need to play
- Planning principles for effective play environments
- Playground safety
- Best Practices in Early Childhood Centre Physical
effectiveness of teaching both laypersons and other specialist
professionals lies in the in-depth practical approach underpinning Prue
Walsh’s contribution. Community consultation is seen as a vital component
to “community ownership” of a service—and therefore their active support of
Environment Consulting Pty Ltd can also provide an Expert Witness Service
in respect of planning, play value and safety matters in a court of
service is based on extensive knowledge of government regulations and the
play behavioural patterns of children.